Friday, February 13, 2009

Man Tomyam.

I received a short message from the Ketua Kampong that Man Tomyam passed away in Kedah. I was rather shocked because Man Tomyam that I know was a healthy and a very reserved man. He used to keep to himself minding his own business, never got involved in serious conversation either casual or political. I used to patronize his Restaurant and I did like the tomyam.

Man Tomyam real name was Wan Osman, a Patanni descendant came to Kampong Raja Uda Port Klang about 15 years ago and operated a Tomyam Restaurant. Recently he moved to Kedah because his business at the kampong was not doing well and moreover the land where he operated the Restaurant was up for sale by the Landowner. He had seven children, two girls and five boys. The eldest daughter is studying in an Islamic College in Takbai, Thailand and the youngest boy is less than a year old. Man Tomyam was so reserved that not many kampong people knew that he had a stroke recently. Man Tomyam was a regular face at the Mosque so as four of his young sons.

At the Mosque I gathered further details about the demise of Man Tomyam. He was supposed to start his new business venture in Jitra Kedah on Friday 13th February 2009. I understand he passed away after a body massage and he was panting short of breath. Taken to Jitra Hospital and he passed away on arrival. His body was put to rest at 2000 hours on 12th. February 2009. My sincere condolence to the family and I wish his wife and his children can accept the fate that Allah bestowed upon them.

May Allah bless his soul.

Alfatihah.

No comments: