Friday, February 6, 2009

Two Towkays.

A day in history today, 6th.February 2009 (Friday) at about 1600 hours a new towkay was sworn in Perak within eleven months. The existing towkay refused to step down as he think he need a vote of no confidence from the coffee shop before he can vacate the seat as Menteri Besar.

I am getting confused, who is right who is wrong. My only stupid solution which I think the best is let the rakyat decide. If they allow frogs jumping from one party to the other and the party form a new Government, what’s the point of me exercising my voting right? If I vote for Lim Ah Kow from Party Tupperware and a few months later Yang Berhormat Lim Ah Kow jumped to Party Mangkok Ayun. Then what happen? I want Party Tupperware to run the Government, not Party Mangkok Ayun. All my time crossing my vote for Lim Ah Kow would be wasted. The best thing when YB Lim Ah Kow jumped out from Party Tupperware, somebody upstairs should declare YB Lim Ah Kow seat is vacant and hold a reelection. Very simple, isn’t it?

Anyway today incident would be recorded in the history book and one fine day I will explain in details to my grandchildren the episodes leading to the fiasco and the parties responsible to their grandfather’s home state having two towkays simultaneously. I hope my memory would not fade by then.

I am not throwing away my old shoes.

No comments: