Saturday, February 7, 2009

Aiman Ashraf.

Early morning, got a short message from Aiman’s father that Aiman Ashraf admitted to Pantai Medical Hospital at 0300 hours due to breathing problem. Aiman is a six year old boy in Primary one. Aiman is my favorite kid since he was six months old. His father used to take him to my house and he is very close to me. He loves to meddle with my miniature motorcycles and he is the only kid that I allow to do so.

I rushed to Pantai Medical Hospital and visited Aiman at Room 25A at the Children’s ward. He was sleeping when I arrived and his mother was in attendance. Aiman is having an infection to his lungs. At every hour he was given an antibiotic respirator to eliminate the virus infections to his lung. He was glad to see me when he woke up and he was telling me that he would leave the Ward at 1600 hours. I cheer him up that Aiman got to stay in the Hospital until the Doctor said so. I told him that he is to refrain from drinking ice water and running wild in school. Failing which, he would come back to this Hospital. He agreed. Boys being boys, it’s difficult to control beyond our eye sights.

Aiman refused to allow me to go home and he asked me to wait until 1600 hours where we could go home together. I told him nicely that I have not taken my lunch and I have to perform my zohor prayers too. He then allowed me to go home and he asked me on my way out please tell the Nurse to bring a video game into his room. That’s Aiman who always cheer my days and I always have soft spot on him. His father used to tell me that I spoilt his son.

At 1700 hours I called Aiman’s father and he was at the payment counter settling all payment for Aiman discharged. I was relieved.

No comments: