Sunday, August 16, 2009

All set.......

All set for 22 August 2009 and I would be leaving for Jeddah Saudi Arabia vide Gulf Air to Bahrain. Transit at Bahrain for a couple of hours and would be leaving for Jeddah Saudi Arabia. From Jeddah I would be on a bus for the 480 kilometer ride to Medina, the Holy City of the Holy Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) where the Holy Prophet was enshrined.

Three days in Medina and on 25 August 2009 wearing the ihram would make the journey by bus again to Mecca. Seven kilometer out of Medina I would stop by for miqat at Bir Ali Mosque the compulsory ritual before I could perform the first umrah upon my arrival in Mecca. The rest of Ramadan would be in Mecca until back home, on 19 September 2009 insyaalah to welcome the Aidilfitri with the family.

For this journey I have chosen Andalusia Travel. Insyaalah all would go well and pleasant. I had been on an umrah once with Andalusia Travel and they are very professional about umrah packages. My close friend befriended since 1999 my Haj mate would be my travelling companion. We had been companion for the past two Ramadan umrah and now would be our third.

Prior to my journey I had gathered among close friends for tahlil a tribute to my ancestors who have long demised and a doa selamat for my safe journey, insyaalah.

The preparation of my journey is simple however the nawaitu is prime importance. The task is to surrender to the Almighty Allah and all deeds in the Holy Land are for the sake of Allah. At the Holy Land, objectively are fasting, praying, complete surrender to Allah and to perform the umrah (when able). Ramadan is a month when all Muslim, should try to see not what displeases Allah, speak no evil, hear no evil, do no evil and to look to Allah with fear and hope. It is the Holy month where Allah first brought down Al Quran to earth for the Muslim faithful.

“ O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Allah fearing.” (The Al Quran, 2:183).

As human, I too have setback but I leave to Almighty Allah to hear my plight of mercy. The humble soul sometimes too weak to face the challenge and test that befall upon me. The challenge and tests strengthen my faith and I render upon Allah to judge. I leave behind my Mother, siblings and family back home and I seek upon Allah for protection, blessings and guidance.

My journey is surrender and this humble soul knows that am just but a human being that Allah brought to this world as descendant of Adam to be an Allah humble servant. I seek Allah guidance for siratulmustakim (the right path).

No comments: