Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gloomy.

The morning was gloomy and rain started pouring. The rain hopefully doused all the haze that clad around Port Klang. The Sumatran coast is just a distance west across the Straits of Malacca and the impact of the open burning at the agricultural hinterland there affected the West Malaysian population in general. The south easterly wind is carrying the smoke signal. I don’t blame the Sumatrans, for open burning is the agricultural practiced from the day in memorial.

The phone rang and big brother Amran invited me to visit Uncle Mawi at KL Hospital. Uncle Mawi the handsome young old man recuperating from prostate surgery. I just conveyed my greetings to Uncle Mawi as I don’t quite like the idea of visiting a warded patient after surgery. The patient needs undisturbed rest. I would surely call on him when he returns home.

Before noon, I contacted Malik, for companion to Subang Jaya. Surprisingly he was at the Graveyard. I don’t even know and nobody informed me that my acquaintance, Amran Amir had passed away late last night. No wonder the morning was gloomy. At the first thought it was the other Amran who is suffering from acute diabetes. Amran Amir is in my email contact list (now deleted) and we used to sit for teh tarik and the latest political happenings. Off late he was out of action and I knew he was hospitalized but not that critical as told by my friend, Malik. Al fatihah for Amran and “innalillah hiroji’un”. Sometimes when I think about it, death can come anytime and at any age. Amran Amir was only in the 40s.

Went to MPH Subang Parade and Popular Book Store at Klang Jaya Jusco and at both places I failed to get the copy of “Are you a Good Manager” authored by Ismayudin Manan. The best bet is to request MPH to make an order.

In the evening the weather was still gloomy. The morning rainfall failed to absorb the smoky haze. Year in and year out, around this time of the year, the residents of Port Klang are suffering the same fate.

No comments: