Sunday, August 9, 2009

BGA revisited.

Sunday 9 August 2009 I had to attend a wedding at Bagunan Getah Asli Banquet Hall at Jalan Ampang KL. The place is very familiar as in the 90s; I had to attend a bi monthly meeting at this Building. However when I was the Committee Member of FCRIM (Freight Committee Rubber Industries of Malaysia) driving to this Building from the Office in Damansara Heights to Jalan Ampang was a breeze through.

I wanted to take a shortcut and I took Jalan Parlimen and Jalan Tun Perak to enter Jalan Melaka heading towards Jalan Ampang. Unfortunately there were no more direct exits to Jalan Melaka and I landed at Puduraya and Jalan Bukit Bintang. Finally I got into Jalan Tun Ismail and turned to Jalan Pinang to get to Jalan Ampang. The city roads and landmarks have definitely changed and I was in circle among the concrete jungles.

I arrived at the wedding reception of Haji Engah’s daughter when the bride and the bridegroom were already sitting on the bridal throne. Haji Engah was one of my 16 roommates when we performed the Haj in 1999. Haji Bakir who came all the way from Melaka was laughing at me for losing my way in KL. We were also glad to meet Haji Mohamad who came from Bahau. Haji Mat Saleh Jani called from Bangi that he was on the way but we left before he turned up. Haji Yazid from Seremban who was also invited was nowhere to be seen. It was nice to catch up with old acquaintance and our friendship that started from the Holy Land is everlasting. That should be the way.

Driving home was easy. From Jalan Ampang to Jalan Tun Razak and headed for the NKVE. After the zohor prayer, I hit the sack as I was physically and mentally exhausted. I am not used to drive into the heart of KL since 1996. Everything is available in Klang and Shah Alam.

No comments: