Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Running Around.

01 November 2010 (Monday):

The day started when my daughter sent me to Kota Damansara on her way to the Office. Waited for Karl Helmy at Naina Mohamad Restaurant and upon his arrival we had our “roti canai” there.

Arrived Ipoh and went straight to Kampong Melayu for a short rest. Brother Mazlan arrived during his lunch break and the three of us adjourned for lunch at Medan Gopeng. My arrival was unannounced and I did not want to trouble my sister.

Our mission to Ipoh was like a blind rat. Karl Helmy and I was without any supporting documents, neither original nor copy.

First mission was KWSP Building, Insolvency Office. After the meeting and advice by the Insolvency Officials, Karl Helmy went to Housing Loan Department of Malayan Banking. Apparently the loan was all settled. Good start and very good news. At 1700 hours, we returned to Insolvency Office to pick up Brother Mazlan. We then went to Taman Desa Indah inquiring about one specific house ownership. We were disappointed as we were misinformed. The house did not belong to Naburi Idin.

At night we went to one warong in Greentown for further discussion on the Insolvency affairs. I also briefed Brother Mazlan about my main intention of coming back to Ipoh. I had separate mission.

02 November 2010 (Tuesday):

The morning started with Ipoh Land Office but we landed at the wrong one. Karl Helmy and I are alien in Ipoh. Fetched my nephew, Shakimi Saleh at his Office and he navigated us to the right Land Office. After getting some data we were directed to the District Land Office at Manjoi. We then had to return to Ipoh Land Office to authenticate certain documentation. While waiting for processing we had a quick lunch at the Canteen. I picked up the Menteri Besar approval Application Form. Next mission was meeting the Ipoh Income Tax Department at Jalan Tambun. Our appeal to reduce the “said” amount was flatly rejected. We send back Shakimi Saleh to his Office and requested that he took an annual leave for the following day mission. Shakimi Saleh, my nephew also happens to be Karl Helmy cousin.

Karl Helmy went to CIMB Bank to inquire about another housing loan. On paper it was clean and settled. Good news. Karl Helmy late father did not owe any Banks. We then went to Pejabat Pesaka at KWSP building. We inquired about the procedures to file an application to redeem the properties of the deceased. Karl Helmy lost both his father and Grandmother recently. I also took some blank forms, in case I need to use them in future.

We then drove to Taman Meru to meet someone who takes care of Karl Helmy Grandmother’s house at Taman Meru. The House Caretaker informed that there is possibilities that all original documents we had been looking for is somewhere hibernating in a bag and under the custody of late Karl Helmy father, Naburi Idin. The “said” bag according to Karl Helmy is somewhere in his Office in Kota Damansara. Karl Helmy would ransack that bag when he returned to Kota Damansara. Hopefully they are all there.

After a late tea, we wrapped up the day.

At night Brother Mazlan dropped by at Kampong Melayu and I related to him the outcome and the things that transpired during the day.

03 November 2010 (Wednesday):

Karl Helmy and Shakimi Saleh came to fetch me and we drove straight to Batu Gajah Land Office. Karl Helmy inquired about a piece of land and sure enough his late father had one around shared with another gentleman. I took the opportunity to settle an outstanding long overdue “cukai tanah” of the family resident in Kampong Melayu. I was fortunate I brought along my credit card as the amount surpassed what I had in my purse. It was more than 1K and what the hell the three able bodied brothers that resides in Ipoh doing? They just don’t bother about the ancestral home “cukai tanah”. Damn it!! Whatever I had to settle it, otherwise I could not proceed with my business.

From Batu Gajah we drove straight to Chenderoh looking for Kampong Duku. We met a gentleman by the name of Din and he was able to assist us to locate one of the two Sellers that sold the land to Naburi Idin. Din outlined the history and directed us to Haji Zakaria. Karl Helmy requested for name transfer but Haji Zakaria counter offered that he wish to return the money with the intention of repossessing the piece of land giving two months grace period. Karl Helmy duly accepted as he prefers quick cash. As for the other Seller, Din gave us his assurance that he would deal with it separately and the potential is promising as the siblings (the beneficiaries) accepted the fact that the land was legally sold to Naburi Idin. The Seller had since passed away and money collected.

When all done, we went to the famous Tasek Raban Ikan Bakar for lunch. I bought a few packets of “ikan pekasam” for my folks in Ipoh.

Arriving Ipoh we went straight to a Lawyer’s firm as Karl Helmy wanted to know the full story about the proprietorship of a Petrol Service Station that was once operated by his late father. On paper the land where the Service Station is sitting on his late father’s land. We had documentary proof from the Land Office. In the meantime I sat with Shakimi Saleh at a Restaurant to complete Form 14A, application for land transfer and the Menteri Besar application for approval. I realized I was without the MPI (Majlis Perbandaran Ipoh) assessment bill. Never mind, I could handle it first thing next morning if payment had not been made.

Arriving Kampong Melayu I checked with the house folks and I was lucky that the first half of the year 2010 bill was settled. It was good enough and I dispatch one of my nephews to make copy at the nearest shop.

I spent the night checking all the relevant forms ensuring all details and supporting documents were in good order.

04 November 2010 (Thursday):

Karl Helmy came on time and I took my mother and one of my sisters to Manjoi Land Office. I was disappointed as my mother’s presence was unnecessary as I just had to submit an application to the Menteri Besar prior submitting Form 14A. I regretted for not collecting the procedure listing. A fee of RM 70 for processing was imposed.

On the way back to Kampong Melayu we fetched Shakimi Saleh at his Office. After sending my folks, the three of us went to Taman Ampang the last residence of Naburi Idin. We went in and collected all pertinent documents available in the store room. We found several important documents for our reference and guidance. The Chinese gentleman, the neighbor gave his assurance that he would oversee the house. It was very nice of him and sorry that Naburi Idin had passed away. We then stopped at a Restaurant as Shakimi Saleh wanted to have an early lunch to compensate his absence from the Office and he would work through his normal lunchtime. We drove back Shakimi Saleh back to his Office. Karl Helmy and I had our lunch at Kampong Melayu later in the afternoon.

After lunch Karl Helmy wanted to visit his kampong folks in Bota and I left it to him to go alone as it was a family affairs and I should not interfere. I was free and easy in the afternoon at Kampong Melayu. Realizing the following day was Deepavali, a public holiday I called up Brother Azman in Taiping to come down to Ipoh. He however agreed.

Brother Azman and family arrived just before the 2000 hours TV3 News. We were pinned to the news bulletin to get the election results at Galas and Batu Sapi. BN won both seats with overwhelming majority. Azman an UMNO strong man was in good mood.

After dinner I took Brother Mahmud and Azman to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah Jaya Jusco Coffee Bean. It was a serious brotherly discussion about the land transfer from my Mother’s name to yours truly. I explained to them the rationales in details. Being the eldest in the family it is appropriate that I bear the responsibilities to maintain that the house and land remain forever intact. Only one “idiot” who had declared out of the family who does not recognize I am being the eldest. That “idiot” is however no legitimate standing on the transaction. I briefed the two brothers’ presence that I am making a sworn declaration that I am not going to sell off the property during my lifetime and I am not going to treat and occupy the property as personal income. To share the property within nine (9) siblings is impossible and would eventually end with a squabble. Eventually to solve the problem the property would be sold off and everyone goes off with their fair share but we will not have a house as a family heritage. Hearing the rationales both the brothers agreed. I am not having any financial gain arising from the transfer.

As Coffee Bean was closing up we had to adjourn to Medan Gopeng warong to continue discussing about other family matters. We wrapped the morning at 0230 hours.

05 November 2010 (Friday):

I told Karl Helmy to fetch me at 1000 hours as we were heading for home.
At Slim River we exited the PLUS Highway as Shakimi Saleh asked me to look up for Lot 3347 along the old Kampong Balun Road which belongs to my late father. I found the property but I was in doubt. The Mukim given to me as Ulu Bernam but Slim River is not in Ulu Bernam. Ulu Bernam is in Selangor. I revert to Shakimi Saleh and he will reconfirm. I remember paying the “cukai tanah” of the Ulu Bernam property at Kuala Kubu Baru, which is in Selangor.

We both missed the solat jumaat but excusable as we were “musafir” on a journey.

When we entered Guthrie Expressway, I called my wife to prepare lunch as we would be arriving Port Klang within an hour. I hit base at 1430 hours and lunch was ready for both of us.

CONCLUSION.

It was damn hectic and frantic running from one place to another blindly. It was worth it as we get to know the procedures and the government formalities. The mission was however incomplete but the groundwork was laid. It is a matter of time that everything would be sorted out for the good of all concern. No gain without pain and somebody has to do the “donkey” job. It would never end if everybody just crosses their arm and let what will be, will be.

Karl Helmy, I salute you and Shakimi Saleh, thank you for your assistance. Thank you too to Brother Mazlan Hamid for your involvement and understanding on handling the Insolvency fiasco.

One fine day, everybody would understand why and what I am doing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judge Your Ownself First . Kalau Igt dah perfect sgt baru boleh judge org lain . jangan lupa diri . duit tak bawak mati .

MhdNurhilmi said...

Semua Ini Ikhlas Dari Hati Saya

pakmus said...

Reference to MhdNuhilmi comment....

This small guy Hilmi, knows nothing and I know the culprit. Its going to be WAR and dont regret about it.

I seek no apology and I will apprehend the culprit.

MhdNurhilmi said...

ape-ape jelah . saya tanak masuk campur pon . HHA

pakmus said...

MhdNurhilmi....

Kalau tanak campor ngapa buat komen?. There is no turning back and I will get to you soonest and I know how to get to you. Saya nak tengok berapa ikhlas kamu.

MhdNurhilmi said...

tak kesah , kalau tanak ade comment dlm blog ney . marah Maker Blogger.com . senang citer . anyone can comment . just anggap positive . jgn jadikan negative . dari segi comment kita boleh pertingkatkan diri . -end of story-

pakmus said...

I purposely keep the above comment as a source of reference for the future. Actually I had identified the real culprit long ago and I promise myself that one fine day I will get to him and his son. Sooner, just waiting for the right moment. Don't think I forget. NO WAY!!