Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Memories of 1970.

From left: Edith Fatimah, Roshaini, Raja Rosdin, Amran (hidden), Syed Aziz and pressing Syed Aziz is yours truly.

Raja Zainara, Syed Aziz, me and Edith Fatimah at Batu Caves.

Edith Fatimah, Me and Raja Zainara at the top of Batu caves steps.

Edith Fatimah, me and my first car at Templers Park roadside restaurant entrance.

At the Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur.

Naburi, Raja Rosdin, Edith Fatimah and me at the Subang Airport.

Karl Helmy paid me a visit and brought along nostalgic photographs from his late father Tuan Haji Naburi Idin album. I smiled when I looked at the photos.

The photos were taken when Naburi Idin brought back his newlywed wife, Edith Fatimah Naburi from Melbourne Australia. Since Edith was new to KL we took her for sightseeing. It was taken forty (40) years ago and I was still a bachelor boy then.

What strikes me most was the photograph of my first car, Peugot 204, NC 5122. I recollected several sweet memories of the car.

Naburi Idin had met the Creator, Raja Rosdin & Roshaini got married and they are now a grandparent, Syed Aziz is now suffering from Alzheimer, Raja Zainara married to High Court judge and a grandmother, Amran - God knows where he is, Edith Fatimah is staying with Karl Helmy and overseeing her three grandchildren and yours truly – retired and spending his times looking at cheap Air Asia fares and blog whatever come to his mind.

I am grateful, forty (40) years ago I was breathing and today I am still breathing. Syukur alhamdullillah.

1 comment:

Khairul Digitalflux said...

Khairul also haven't seen this pic's. Really great to see Mama, Daddy and all the Uncles and Aunties at those days.