Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cikgu Said/ Puan Azizah.

It is always a pleasure to be back in Port Dickson especially to be in the company of late Cikgu Said Osman and Puan Azizah Yusuf children. Both Cikgu Said and Puan Azizah had long gone back to meet the Creator but all their children remain attach and dearest to me. I would always remember this couple forever as long as my mind is sound. The family assisted me during my wedding in 1973 and Puan Azizah was the lady who cuddled home both my newborn children from Seremban Hospital to Port Dickson. She was like a grandmother to my children but sadly during her last few years she lost a lot of her memories. Puan azizah was the niece of the famous Professor Zainal Abidin Ahmad (Zaaba). Through Puan Azizah, I had the grand opportunity to meet late Zaaba. He was bedridden then.

I made the journey to Port Dickson on the invitation of Izman, the number four of the siblings on the wedding of his daughter. I had a card from Izman and a call from his elder brother Prof Datuk Dr Ikram Said about the wedding. The family, with the exception of my son attended the wedding feast. I was met by Izman, his wife and another brother, Iqbal. I was delighted to meet all the brothers and sisters with their husbands and wives respectively including their children. They are nine of them of Cikgu Said children and they are very close knitted siblings. Halimatus, Ikram, Iqbal, Izman, Ikmal, Nor Saadah, Nor Azzah, Izmi and Lina. All of them are doing well in life and two of them are Doctorate. I came to be acquainted with them since 1970 when the youngest girl, Lina was only a small kid. It was nice to catch up with them and we exchanged notes.

Port Dickson was not a strange place for me. I stayed in PD for eight years and some of Izman invitees are my friends and acquaintance. I met Azam whom I have lost contact since 1974. For some I have forgotten their names but they still remember me. Our hairs have grown white and some with their white skull cap headgear. Suhaimi looked the same. As young as before and he can be mistaken as Yang Berhormat. Ricky Hanafiah is not as steady as before and he told me he just recovered from a mild stroke. I told him I had the same and we both laughed that we are able to tell the tale to each other. Pak Lang Topot, the younger brother of Puan Azizah was also present and he looks steady and standing upright in spite of several bypasses. He spent his time hopping from one of his children to another and the last he was in Manchester, UK. It was indeed pleasant to catch up with old acquaintance and who knows at this age, this meeting could be the last.

No comments: