Sunday, March 8, 2009

One year after......

Today 8 March 2009 is a year after the political tsunami in Malaysia. It is the anniversary of BN losing the two third majorities in Parliament and saw five states lost to Pakatan Rakyat. On this date, a year after, four states remain intact with PR however my birth state PERAK is still in limbo. The Court have to decide because BN had coup de’ tat the state by buying over three Representatives from PR. Currently there are two Menteri Besar in Perak. The legitimate Menteri Besar as to my interpretation was the one voted in by the Perakians on 8 March 2008 and the illegitimate Menteri Besar appointed arising from the three frogs. We have a major constitutional crisis in Perak now.

For the remaining four states, the BN is still harassing the state government. Federal fund stop going to these states and development meant for these states are on hold. Except for Kelantan, the other Menteri Besar and Chief Minister is having tough time combating ridiculous allegations from the BN government. I guess someone is closely following them even to the toilets.

As I see it, BN cannot accept the fact that the have lost 2/3 majority and five states aligned to PR. Only the people of Sabah and Sarawak assisted them to remain in power. In Peninsular Malaysia, majority had voted for PR. BN had not listened to the people’s voice for change. Off late BN became more arrogant by stealing PR representatives, immediate actions on PR leaders, held up federal fund, stoppage of major development and the show of strength by the police forces.

I am happy I am part of the change. Never regret. Though change may come late, I have to be patient. At the very least, the next general election would be in 3 or 4 years time. If there is no change, I would remain the same player. I want JUSTICE, I cry for JUSTICE and I would seek for JUSTICE.

I am longing for a corrupt free Malaysia.

No comments: