Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Those few days.

I had not been writing for the past one week and many things had happened worth recording.

UMNO had their convention in KL and there were few surprises. KJ returned as UMNO Youth Chief defeating Khir Toyo and Mukhriz, the son of Mahathir. KJ was found guilty but came out with just a warding from UMNO Disciplinary Committee. Sharizat Jalil won the UMNO Women wing defeating the incumbent and stubborn Rafidah. Puteri UMNO Chief won by a Sabahan. Few Ministers and four Menteri Besar did not make it to the Supreme Council. Except for Shahril Samad, the rest refused to resign from their post including the Chief Minister of Melaka who was found guilty for abetting to money politic. The best surprise of the Convention was Dr. Mahathir refused to attend the opening ceremony but he turned up at the closing ceremony. A day before, he declared he did not want to be in the company of polluted politicians and the very next day he totally forgotten and make his appearance at the closing ceremony. The Malays tend to forget easily, he once said. I think it is really true. He too forgets easily. I regard him as Malay even though some people think otherwise. For what he has done to the nation, I still take off my hat. Credit should be given when due. I am still looking forward to shake his hands.

After the UMNO Convention, Malaysians turned to the two Bukit and one Batang election nomination. Bukit Gantang - BN, PAS and Independent. Batang Ai – BN and PKR. Bukit Selambau – BN, PKR and 13 Independents. This is history. I am not surprise some candidates may get less than ten votes. My choices are Bukit Gantang would go to PAS, Bukit Selambau, PKR would win and Batang Ai, PKR would do the impossible. I go for 3-0. My favourite is Bukit Gantang where the PAS candidate is the Menteri Besar who was dethroned recently and adamantly refused to resign when the Royal Highness the Sultan summoned him to do so. Matter referred to the Court.

At the local front, I attended the Annual General Meeting of the Kampong Death Welfare Society (Khairat Kematian). The last Meeting was six years ago and they had contravened to the Act of Registrar of Society. However, motion was passed to proceed with the meeting but when come to the Statement of Account for the past six years, there were several controversies. Disputes aroused and arguments exchanged. To cut the story short, yours truly proposed the meeting to be suspended until the account can be straighten up. It was unanimously seconded and the Meeting was adjourned to a later notified date.

Last Saturday, I attended a wedding of a reformed drug addict. From a convict and a hard core drug addict, he is now a completely changed man. I once traveled with him to Taiping and he related to me his unfortunate past. He was once in the same prison with Anwar Ibrahin at Sungai Buloh and he told me all about prison life. He joked with me that Prisoners would not be affected with diabetic and hyper tension because Prisoners never taste sugar and salt. He is completely illiterate and from a small kid he was running free on his own. He had been a constant residence of our lock up and jails. He is very grateful to one man, Haji Mahmud Fauzi Kadir who managed to tame him, offered him a job and rendered all assistance even to his wedding expenses. He started to reform when he came back to the kampong and took the responsibility as a grave digger. That’s where and when I came acquainted with him. Ali Kapak…….. I wish you all the best in life and please don’t you ever look back.

Recently I was introduced to a hot water spring at Selayang by a friend. I had been there twice after the Isyakh prayer. I found out its good for the health and slept soundly after the hot bath. It is different from the hot water shower in the bathroom.

No comments: