Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy but Sad.

History created at my birth state and my hometown, Ipoh Perak today, 3rd March 2009 (Tuesday). The Dewan Undangan Negeri under Menteri Besar Ir Nizar Jamaluddin had to convene an emergency sitting under a tree. The Dewan was shut off by the authorities. Very very sad but I am happy that the three resolutions were unanimously adopted. Now Nizar who remain the legitimate Menteri Besar will go back to the Sultan of Perak to seek for his royal highness consensus to disband the present assembly and hold a reelection in the whole state of Perak. Will the Sultan agree? That’s a one million question. We will wait for the latest development. If you ask me, personally I feel that the Sultan will not budge.

Twenty years down the road, Allah willing, I can relate to my grandchildren the day in history today in Ipoh. My late grandfather and father used to relate to me about the Japanese occupation and the communists insurgent. My late father was a Penghulu in Sungkai Perak and he was already tied to a tree ready to be executed by the communist. He was saved in a nick of time by one Malay gentleman. When I was young, I hated the sight of a Chinaman. It is now a history and I have a lot of Chinese friends. I remember, the moment George Lim heard that I had a mild stroke in 2003 he quickly came running to see my well being and insisted taking me to a acupuncturist for treatment. Boon Hock, the Tire Shop Proprietor visited me and cheered me up with several gifts. 1945 and 2009 are two different eras completely and we are all as one, truly Malaysians. There shouldn’t be any TUAN, if there is Tuan, who is the KULI?

No comments: