Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hajjah Habasiah Syukur.

24 June 2009 (Wednesday) - the after subuh nap was interrupted when the lady of the house told me Hajah Habasiah Shukor passed away during her sleep. She retired as Chief Clerk of Jabatan Air and widow of my late friend, Captain Zainol, a prominent harbor Pilot. She had been staying with her two daughters in a double storey bungalow close by to my residence. Suffering from all sorts of complications she had been on the electric wheel chair for quite sometimes. Once in a while I used to see her wheeling around the kampong.

I met Hajjah Habasiah when I moved in to my present house and to our surprise we were once as schoolmate in Bidor. She went missing and I did not know that she followed her father on transfer to Klang.

Hajjah Habasiah was an active Wanita UMNO and well like by the kampong folks. Her familiar face and size stood prominent at all kampong activities. She is known as Kak Yong in the kampong. A very friendly lady and never fail to exchange greetings and had a short chat whenever I met her at anywhere and at any function. Kak Yong once told me she unofficially negotiated with the Meter Readers not to cut off any water supply to any of the kampong folks before referring to her. She declared all the kampong folks are all her relatives. She once solved my problem when I had a major water leak at my house. When Captain Zainol was alive, I used to pass the water bill and the money for Hajjah Habasiah to settle at her Office.

I bid farewell to Hajjah Habasiah at the solat jenazah after zohor at the kampong Mosque and we laid her in an air condition Toyota Estima to her final resting place. It was a pity that one of her daughter in Ireland could not make it to her funeral.

May Allah bless her soul.

Alfatihah……….

No comments: