Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tour Guide.

Yesterday my cousin Datuk Malik Ahmad all the way from Damansara, came calling at 0930 hours. He was looking for Seri Harum, a traditional massage parlor somewhere in Taman Andalas. He was having serious backache after two car accidents and had tried all sorts of treatments and medications. I have not heard about the place but roughly I know the location. We found the place and the first therapy was herbal steam bath and followed with an hour session of massage. The masseurs were all imported from Indonesia and they only tackle the veins and straighten the nervous system. While my cousin was going through the agony I had a good lecture about “bekam lintah” from the Boss. I did not know that “lintah” has 100 teeth and while sucking the blood it also discharge a liquid that is good for the blood preventing coagulation. When it’s full, it will also produce a liquid that cover up the spot and fell off. There would be no bleeding unlike when we remove the lintah physically. For the next five months it will go without eating and starts to breed.

Since it was early, my cousin wanted to survey Glenmarie Cove, a housing complex by the river developed by HRB-Hicom. He is looking for a single storey bungalow as age is catching up and climbing staircase is problematic. We went to the Sales Showroom and no completed single storey bungalow available. All completed double storey bungalows and semi detached double storeys are in the range of RM 600K to 2 million. However, the plot of land to build a single storey bungalow is available and is going about RM 400K. The scenic environment is captivating to count the remaining days but I don’t have that amount of money to spare. We took the brochures and decided to go for lunch.

The choice for lunch was “asam pedas” and I decided at a Restaurant in Bandar Sultan Sulaiman at the North Port. I purposely chose this place for I know, being Monday, Pak Wan Ahmad my roommate in Mekah would normally take his lunch there. My cousin is also an acquaintance of Pak Wan as they were neighbor in Damansara. True enough Pak Wan came, surprised to see us, joined us for lunch and we covered several topics and gossips. Pak Wan and I had made separate plan for the coming Ramadan in Mekah and we promised to catch up with each other there. I told Pak Wan to convince my cousin to come along. Pak Wan was relating to my cousin about the time and experience we went through in Mekah together.

After lunch my cousin and I performed the zohor prayer at the Mosque near to my house. We had coffee at the nearest warong and then he made his own way back to Damansara promising to come again in two days time for the next therapy. Maybe I would try the herbal steam bath but not the massage. I don’t believe in paying and going through the pain. I have my own chair at home to do the job.

No comments: