Sunday, June 21, 2009

Seremban revisited.

Yesterday, I had two missions in Seremban. It was drizzling in the morning and hoping for a brighter day in the afternoon, no rain, no haze and the sun not too bright. We trekked the Kesas Highway, took the KLIA road and joined the North South PLUS Highway. Exit at Senawang and make our way to Gedong Lalang, an established Malay settlement south of Seremban.

I had a wedding invitation and the last time I visited the house was about thirty four years ago when I befriended the ladies of the house. The wedding of Zubaidah’s daughter, Rini and when I frequented visiting this house, thirty four years since, Zubaidah was just running around with her pigtail. Now I am coming for her daughter’s wedding. Suddenly I felt time really flies and am feeling very much elder in the senior citizen classification. As usual at wedding we tend to knock into old and surprise acquaintances and the normal question is how many grandchildren. Osman my housemate during the Port Dickson era was there, all the way from Kuantan. Zaki, the only boy in the family is now the school Nazir in Trengganu. Hj Izhar familiar face in the Mosque was there too as his in laws is Zubaidah’s neighbor. The buffet lunch was well prepared blended with traditional taste especially with the “gulai lemak” bamboo shoots with fresh prawns. After the bridegroom arrived we left the function for another appointment down the Kuala Pilah road.

About five kilometers away I visited a friend at Paroi Jaya whose house just stone throw away the Seremban Stadium. Prior to my Seremban trip Harith Takiman family requested for a few bottles of “Sambal Melaka” from a Restaurant near my place. I got five bottles and cash delivered to be flown to Dubai for their son. We stopped over for coffee and exchanged notes. Harith was my working mate in Port Dickson and married to my distant cousin.

We touched home base about six in the evening and I was so damn tired and sleepy. Maybe a little bit overdosed of “nasi minyak” and the “gulai rebung”. In fact I had a secret mission on the revisit to Seremban trip and I hope to blog about it later if it is accomplish.

No comments: