Sunday, October 11, 2009

Aidilfitri, still on.

Saturday 10 October 2009, the third weekend of Aidilfitri, most Muslims still celebrate the Aidilfitri. Open houses and weddings filled up the weekend program. This Aidilfitri is different to me and am not going anywhere except to Kuantan during the last weekend to attend a wedding and to try out the Karak Kuantan Highway. My obligation to visit my late father’s shrine was done way before Ramadan.

This particular Saturday I had a wedding invitation by Encik Adny my old friend as well as my wife’s office mate. The other function was a family member gathering luncheon organized by Azzah Said at Tropicana Damansara. Regret I had to turn down both as I had a VIP coming to my house.

Azhar called that he was somewhere at Carefour Klang. I told him to drive straight to Bandar Sultan Sulaiman Mosque and I would meet him there. It would be a mess if I asked him to find his way to my house as he had deviated from the normal route. I met Azhar family and his parent Haji Faharuddin and Hajah Rogayah at the Mosque Complex and I lead the way to my house. The Chief Imam of Gombak was paying me a visit and the family surely honored. My wife had prepared something special for the guest and I know what Hajah Rogayah favourite is. Both these old folks were my acquaintance at the Holy Land for the past two Ramadans and they are grateful that I took concern of their welfare when we were together in the Holy Land. We had a good gathering and they enjoyed the special “mee kuah” my wife and daughter had specially prepared.

After zohor, we adjourned to Haji Adenan’s house, my neighbor who is also a Ramadan umrah acquaintance of Haji Faharuddin and Hajah Rogayah. We stayed for about ten minutes and Haji Faharuddin and family had to excuse themselves as they had three more open houses in Kuala Lumpur to go to. They took priority to my house in Port Klang over Dato Hasan Ali, Professor Ali Hasan and their daughter’s house. Thank you, Pak Haji and Mak Haji. Hajah Rogayah was proud that the table spread was the one that she bought for my wife in Mekah.

I had planned for “Doa Selamat” among close friends after Isyakh. Imam Khairuddin and my Marhaban group friends came. It was a very informal gathering and after the “mee kuah”, we sat down for coffee and an open dialogue. Top on the list was about the Mosque Nazir. Someone commented that he is a Robot. Only Robot has no feeling and sentiment. Haji Mahmud (Mr. Mehmud, to me) was the loudest spokesman among all. My two close friends Raja Sahar and Sabirin were absent. Raja went to Tanjong Malim and Sabirin was at work. However, Raja showed up immediately after arriving from Tanjong Malim and my last guest was Sabirin who came past midnight.

Before retire, I watched Ukraine beat England 1 – 0.

No comments: