Monday, October 26, 2009

D'Cengkok exploded.

Yesterday after Isyakh, Ali Termizi invited close friends for a small khenduri in his house to kick start the wedding celebration that he is going to hold during the coming weekend. He ensures that that I would be present at all ceremonies and I alerted him that there is one ceremony missing. The “sudah potong” ceremony. If he isn’t then we can do for him.

After the khenduri, everybody hurried to go to Anfield to watch Liverpool vs Manchester United game. I went home but I could not access Astro as they were busy upgrading my Astro subscription. A member of the family is kind enough to convert my subscription under staff account. Thank you.

The best alternative was to go to the D’Cengkok Warong opposite my house where the youngsters and old gathered to watch the game. Few friends were already comfortably sitting with the best view. I had no choice even though the Television set is small. There were cries of frustrations and jubilant at every failed attempt at goals at both Liverpool and MU sides. There were two camps at the warong both Liverpool and MU. Cengkok and I are MU fans. The first half was 0 – 0. I had very high hope during the second half, MU would finish off Liverpool.

The second half started and the game was even. The moment Murad ( very staunch Liverpool supporter) came, Torres of Liverpool scored from an acute angle. The warong exploded with agitating Murad celebrated. I told Murad to go home or else I would puncture his motorbike tires. I still had hope that during the last ten minutes MU would score twice and strong feeling that MU would end up with only ten men. My hope did not materialize but the ten men, yes. Backline, Vidic was sent off and during the last few minutes, Liverpool added one more. Again the warong exploded and chapter closed for MU. I made Murad to pay for my iced kopi O and went home. Final score: Liverpool 2 MU 0. My only consolation, the game was played at Anfield.

It was nice to be at the warong watching the game. Even my wife was asking what was the shouting was about. It was a frustrating night for me and I refused to watch the other EPL games live on air. By this time, my Astro transmission was back to normal. Now I have access to all Astro channels and I can watch “kung fu” from the Chinese Movie channels.

No comments: