Thursday, October 29, 2009

YB Port Klang.

Badrul Hisham Abdullah resigned from PKR today but remained as Independent Assemblyman supporting BN. The 1330 hours TV3 Bulletin, Khalid Ibrahim, my former Boss and Menteri Besar of Selangor asked Badrul Hisham to vacate his seat. I don’t think Badrul would, it would be stupid of him. Stay still until the next election, at least he can withdraw pension. TV3 night bulletin confirmed that he resigned from PKR and holding on to his seat. That’s being smart.

I know Badrul Hisham personally but not too much to know his private life. He was kicking ball at the adjacent field when I was already on my way to the Mosque for Maghreb. He was born and bred at the kampong where I currently reside. I know where he worked before. On the eve of the last general election I was surprised that Badrul would be standing for election on PKR ticket against late Dato Zek daughter in law. PAS was very interested with the seat and someone came running to me asking for Khalid Ibrahim phone number. I had to get it from my colleague as I had already retired long time ago. What transpired after that, I don’t bother to know.

Early morning of the Election Day, I met Badrul fully clad with “baju melayu” and “songkok” having “nasi lemak” breakfast at the warung. We exchanged greetings and wished him luck but I don’t give him a chance that he would be returned. Surprisingly, when I came back from a wedding in KL and after the counting that night, someone called me that Badrul Hisham won. The news shocked me as the news that I received two nights later that Dato Zek had passed away.

Badrul Hisham is an Assemblyman of N46 but he resides in N47. He has a house several blocks away from mine. The last time I met him, we had supper at Pappa Kopitiam for some private discussion. He did hint his frustrations but I was not interested on political talks. I just heard that he had already closed his community centre. I never asked why. I did asked why he did not move and stay within his constituency where he could serve the people better.

Badrul Hisham would only be remembered by the kampong folks as the one who asked the Nazir to terminate the Nazir speech prior to the solat sunat Aidilfitri 2009. The speech had become a personal attack and a character assassination. The Jemaah started booing the Nazir. As an Assemblyman he managed to cool and control the situation. On that respect, I thanked Badrul Hisham otherwise it would be a history in Malaysia that solat sunat Aidilfitri is being called off due to difference of political ideologies.

Badrul Hisham…….whether you are Independent, PKR, BN or whatever, you have decided to be an Assemblyman and the people have chosen you, you better do your job. If you are good, the people do not care which political party you belong to. One Cikgu from Batu Laut was holding to his seats several years on Independent ticket.

No comments: