Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Deepavali.

To all my Indian friends where ever they may be, Wanakam and Happy Deepavali. I have lost contact with most of them. Retired and some of them had migrated.

I had a late breakfast and watched TV. After zohor we decided to take a drive out of Port Klang. There was no specific plan except my daughter got to pick up the pre ordered pineapple tarts at her Auntie’s place later in the evening. We took the Kesas Highway and into Elite Highway to Putrajaya. The plan was to solat asar at the new Sultan Mizan Mosque at Putrajaya. Unfortunately it rained so very heavily until we got to stop at the bye way. The rain and the gusty wind deterred us from driving through the thick blizzard.

We came out from Putrajaya and headed for LCCT, Sepang F1 Circuit and final destination at Bagan Lalang. Along the road the familiar Guthrie signboard at the Estates had now being replaced by Sime Darby Plantations signboard. That’s the result of a political maneuvering by Political Entrepreneurs. Sungai Pelek town is up and coming and during the 70s and 80s the shops were mostly wooden but now all are modern shop lots. Where it used to be Palm Oil Estate is now a Housing Estate.

I was surprised Bagan Lalang beach was crowded and I saw the under construction Bagan Lalang Gold Coast Resort. A new international class Resort in the making where all the chalets are built out at the Straits of Melaka. It is going to be Malaysia new tourist attraction but it would not fancy me. If tsunami or tidal waves strike, it is going to be a disaster. No way, I would stay there.


We stopped at the fresh fish bazaar and bought a one month ration of seafood. The fishes and the crabs were just landed and we don’t mind the little bit expensive price as it was fresh. We sat down for seafood lunch cum dinner but the taste was not as good as Port Klang standard.

We took the coastal road back and it was ages that I drove on this road. I was amazed with the development along the coast. Morib now have a multi storey beach Hotels and the Morib Golf Club had been extended to a Hotel cum Resort. The nine holes golf course turned eighteen. It was about six years ago I last played golf at this course.

We arrived at Telok Panglima Garang and my daughter picked up the pineapple tarts from her auntie. On the way back, my friend Raja Sahar called that he would pay me a visit about 2200 hours after a Hari Raya Open house.

Raja Sahar came with another three friends and stayed until midnight. I even missed the live telecast of Manchester United versus Bolton. When I watched the Final score on ESPN, I was glad MU won 2 – 1 and both Chelsea and Liverpool lost to their opponents. MU now heads the EPL table and I slept soundly.

No comments: