Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday, that was.

A very beautiful Sunday 18 October 2009, the weather was good. It kicked off by attending Berry’s wedding, the son of Capt (Rtd) Haji Fawzi. Haji Adenan and I decided to go early and we went around noon. Little Shasha and Darwis tagged along and apparently they behaved themselves well. Shasha was in her Baju Kurung and Darwis with his Baju Melayu of the same color as his father.

After Asar, Haji Adenan sends Shasha to the house and he left for Kuantan on official assignment. We took Shasha to Jaya Jusco as there was a Grand Sale at JJ. I took Shasha to the playing area while the Nenek and the Aunty was busy browsing for cheap deal. It was about two months ago, before Ramadan that we last took Shasha for an outing at the Shopping Complex and this time around she really had a gala time.

After my daughter had collected a few items we adjourned for drinks and Shasha did not mind as there is another children playground around the Food Court. I had pepper steak for an early dinner while Shasha was busy playing with the other children. We just ensure that she did not get hurt as it is someone’s little kid. She made friends very easily and at most occasions children love to pull her around to play with them. I had problem pestering her to go home and I had to carry her off. It reminded me thirty years ago when I had to address the same problem with my two kids.

This time around it was all right for Shasha to be drop at her house as she knew her father was outstation. Shasha is more talkative and she can relate stories. This little kid has smart strategies. Passing at Petronas Station she insists on packet Milo drink, but actual fact what she really want is the toys. Shasha take me on as his real Atok and she knows I would melt when she turns to me. Her presence cheers up my life. I cannot be missing from the house when she is around. The Nenek use to caution me not to spoil the kid.

I was yet to perform my Maghreb prayer. After Isyakh, I dozed off as I was damn tired chasing around after Shasha.

No comments: