Saturday, October 17, 2009

Puchong.

Situated at the outskirt of KL, the tin mine fields where the Satans were once kicking each other. Not anymore, a very big township, elite and middle class residential area is mushrooming everywhere. The mining pool had vanished. Soon the several townships would connect KLIA. No wonder, the houses are selling like “goring pisang”. Highways and viaducts had to be built to cater the new townships for the residents communicating to workplaces. Puchong is centrally located now, in between of KL, Subang, Putrajaya and KLIA.

I only had been through Puchong on my way to Putrajaya from Subang but I never realized the sprawling of residential areas. My nephew Azri Amran invited me for a “doa selamat” at his newly bought RM 330,000 a double storey terrace house at Taman Nusaputra in Puchong after Asar on Friday 16 October 2009. Where the hell is this place?

I started my journey with my sis in law as Navigator and we took off from Subang Jaya and headed for Puchong. We lost our way as we exit at two wrong junctions. We passed IOI Mall twice and we could not find Malaysian Tractor. The hand phone became handy and we finally got the right exit. That exit would lead us to the main road to KLIA but the final part is still under construction. Taman Nusaputra is parallel to the KLIA Highway and once the exit is completed the best access to Taman Nusaputra is through the KLIA Highway. I found the Taman and it is only about 10% occupied. All the houses were just completed and one corner lot terrace house of 2½ storey fetched RM 900,000. To me it’s crazy but to some, there is a valid intention, KLIA is very near and for those Businessmen who often fly it is most convenient. This Taman has definitely a potential. Across the Highway are Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.

As for my nephew, the choice is because he flies in and out, at every month and his wife is serving Sunway Medical Center. Soon when the exit at the KLIA Highway is completed they do not have to go through the hustle and bustle of Puchong traffic nightmare. I see his point and I think he made a right choice. He told me about the vacant neighbor lot but I honestly declined. I am comfortable enough where I am now where the Mosque is only a few steps away from my present house.

We recited the “doa selamat” and followed with solat Maghreb. The call of the azan in the house is to commemorate that this house is occupied by a faithful Muslim. Therefore, the Satans who were once roaming and kicking around this area please keep their distance.

We were feasted with satay and fried meehoon. Even the satay seller could not deliver the satay because Taman Nusaputra is alien to him. My niece had to go and collect them.

I bulldozed my way back to Port Klang with the road signboard as my Navigator.

No comments: