Friday, October 16, 2009

Nothing much but busy.

Nothing much to blog these couple of days.

BN swept Bagan Pinang with a double majority and PAS bit the dust. It was bad and good about the BN victory. The good thing, BN gave PAS a jolt. Of late PAS had been too arrogant and the bad thing, BN returned someone who had been found guilty of money politics. Indirectly the people who voted for BN sanctioned someone who had misused his standing as public representative.

I had been receiving plenty of wedding cards and invitation for khenduris. The Haj season is around the corner. An invitation for khenduri came as far as Nibong Tebal and Alor Gajah. My former Distribution Executive is leaving on 21 October 2009 and Fisol Ahmad whom I met during my third Umrah in the Holy Land in 2002 is leaving on 23 October 2009 ex Bayan Lepas Airport. A young Police Officer who had recently back from UN peacekeeping mission in Timor Leste. For the local kampong residents several would be going and khenduri after khenduri would be held. The Mosque Imam 1 and the Bilal is going. Talking about Haj, the sight of Masjidil Haram freshens up my mind. It was only about a month ago I was there.

There are four wedding invitations in hand and all are close acquaintance, either hand delivered or they called over the phone. I have since retired nine years ago and I still received invitation card from ex colleague in Guthrie. Sometimes it is good to think that there is someone out there still remember me and recognize my co existence in this world. A second paternal cousin, Chinese looking came to the house personally to hand several cards and delegates me as “Wakil” to invite the other relatives. Initially I thought it was an “Along” looking for me as I have not met him for several years. I felt honored as the juniors still have respect for the elders even though his late mother and my late father were only cousins.

Kampong Raja Uda Mosque – remain status quo. The Nazir refused to resign even though the residents requested him to do so. Signatures and photocopy of identity cards had been taken to submit a formal petition to the Authority. What happen next is any one guess? I remain as the ordinary Jemaah and I only submit to the right wing. I only condone the right and I used my eyes and brain to decide.

With the Khenduris and the weddings, I must also check my diet. At this age, everything must be moderate for the machines are slowly wearing out and if I overdo, it can get jammed. Sometimes the presence is important and the invitee would be honored that you come to the function. Ali Termizi requested me that I must come for the “akad nikah”, “marhaban”, “khatam koraan” and the wedding proper. At night stayed back and we play “terup keeling”. I told him he must be crazy!! I told him I can stay back provided he bring along the Perak Rebana all the way from his kampong, Malim Nawar. I yearn to hear the Perakians hitting the Rebana.

I must not miss my medication schedule.

No comments: