Thursday, May 7, 2009

07.05.2009.

I wish to put on record the sad state of my birth state on this date.

After 3 months the BN coup of PR government in my state Perak, today the Assembly had to convene. The Assembly Speaker was still from PR but the BN illegitimate government wanted to replace the Speaker from a non Wakil Rakyat from MIC, a component of BN. The existing Speaker threw off the resolution and all hell broke loose in the Dewan. To cut the story short, the illegitimate BN government with the assistance of security forces abducted the PR Speaker and proceeded with the opening address by the Monarch. There was a stalemate for about five hours. The Raja Muda stood in for his father the Sultan. I wonder why the Sultan himself did not attend.

I am wondering here in the first place; the PR Menteri Besar could not be removed unless by the Assembly and secondly why the appointed Speaker was abducted. What is going on? Where is the rule of law? Who is right and who is wrong? The people are confused.

The best solution for everybody so that Perak can continue is to dissolve the Assembly and let the Perakian decide once again. Why it is so difficult? Let democracy live and prosper in Perak. As a Perakian I am sadden by the fiasco.

It all started by three Assemblyman, two from PKR and one from DAP jumped ship and aligned to BN. One of the stupid Assemblyman thought that he was supposed to be the Menteri Besar and the other wanted a Camry which was not given. As I see it they are only thinking for themselves not for the service to the electorate and the Perakian in general.

I have lost my respect to all those who have a hand to the Perak fiasco. Today’s event will go in the history of Malaysia, perhaps the world who practices parliamentary democracy.

In the meantime I plead everybody to remain calm continue the normal chore and we will do the honorable duty at the 13th General Election. It is difficult to manage a state if we don’t get federal.

No comments: