Thursday, July 16, 2009

BP 16 - Second Episode.

Thursday 16 July 2009 William Tai came to my house all the way from Batu Beremdam in Melaka. He got lost finding my residence and landed at Gold Coast Hotel in Klang. This was his first time around Klang and Port Klang area. I waited at the Petronas Station along Persiaran Raja Muda Musa to rendezvous with him.

William is a USM Graduate and an antique Wheeler and Dealer. He is now collecting car plate number of 16 with double alphabets only, irrespective of which states the registration was made. I was surprised he could show me the computerized printout details of BP 16 with my present residential address. William surely has connections with JPJ. He only requires Photostatted copies of my identity card and the rest would be his business to retrieve the number BP 16 and transfer to his name. I understood what he meant. Earlier in the morning I checked with my brother in law who was once attached with JPJ and he told me I as the registered car owner should make the application.

For the Photostatted copy of my identity card William was willing to offer me a maximum of RM 1000.00 only (one thousand MR). We negotiated and I told him for the number 16 alone the normal bidding at JPJ is normally MR 5000.00 (Five thousand MR). With the BP alphabet it would certainly cost more. He never did ask for my price and he now told me the chance of a snag to retrieve the number is also possible.

I did not make any decision and promised to revert to him after I come back from Indonesia probably late next week. I drew a route plan directing him to Telok Panglima Garang from my residence as he had another deal of WJ 16 with the car owner there.

I must explore all consequences in making my final decision.

No comments: