Saturday, July 11, 2009

May Allah bless you.

May Allah bless you, Raja Zainuddin or Ku Din to all his friends. I last met him sometimes last month while I was having breakfast at a Hailam Restaurant when he walked in with the Tengku Besar Putra of Selangor. The same evening he was admitted to Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital due to breathing difficulty. Ku Din, 53 was the Bearer of the Royal Highness the Sultan of Selangor regalia (cokmar). He led all the Royal Highness functions. Sometimes I jokingly address him as Chief Khadam.

I was on my way to the Bank yesterday after the Friday prayer when Raja Sahar, Ku Din’s cousin conveyed the sad message that Ku Din had just passed away. He was having cardiac complication. I knew about the hospitalization but since he was in the CCU (critical care unit) I did not want to disturb his peace. Late yesterday evening Ku Din still body was brought back to his residence not far from my house. Last night we paid our respect and organized tahlil arwah for him.

I first knew Ku Din sometimes in the 80s when he used to move around with my Uncle Sulaiman. Another buddy who was always with them was late Rauf. My Uncle Sulaiman too had since passed away which make the three of them had gone back to meet the Creator. Inna lillah wainna lillah hirojiun. My clique then was another two friends and Ku Din addressed us as Pak Long, Pak Ngah and Pak Su. I became the Pak Su to him and that remained until his last greeting at the Hailam Restaurant.

Ku Din was given a royal burial at the Royal Mausoleum in the arena of the Sultan Mosque in Jalan Kampong Jawa Klang at 1200 hrs on 11 July 2009.

Al fateha.

No comments: