Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BP 16.

Finally on 14 July 2009 morning William from Melaka got me on the line. He called me last night but I was in the Mosque and he called me in September 2008 I was in Mekah. He indicated he is interested with the plate of car no BP 16 which I last renewed the road tax in 1976. It was a 1600 cc Volkswagen Karman Ghia Coupe 1970 Model. I don’t have the car anymore probably a chicken coup somewhere in Johore Baharu and I don’t have the Registration Card either. I left the car and Registration Card with Malek Hussein in Johore Baharu when I was transferred to Port Klang 1977. I told him to repair the car, sell it and we split 50/50. He doesn’t bother about the car and he even lost the Registration Card. No way could I retrieve the number BP 16.

William over the phone told me he could do it and wanted to see me on Thursday 16 July at Port Klang. I wonder how he is going to do it??. I have a brother in law once attached with JPJ and he told me it was too complicated to retrieve the number as it is not computerized. The file is with JPJ Seremban.

The car and number was very sentimental to me. I bought this car for RM 1000.00 in 1973 from Yap Chee Meang when we both worked in Esso Port Dickson. Yap gave a just a few hours to take the car as the Trade In Car Salesman was ready to collect BP 16. I borrowed from my newly wedded wife the one thousand ringgit and BP 16 was mine. BP stood for “Budak Pendek”, “Budak Perak” and “Budak Pelesit” to my close buddies. One day, while the Gardener was mowing the lawn he accidentally shattered the back left window screen and spare part of that model was not easily available. I replaced it with a local tailor made glass at the Glass Shop. It met the purpose but ignoring the safety aspect. I was using BP 16 when I was attached to Guthrie Singapore in 1974. It was old faithful that plied Singapore and Port Dickson every fortnightly without giving me any problem. It was BP 16 that sent my wife to Seremban Hospital to deliver our first son. Sometimes in 1976 I sent the car to a local workshop in JB for some minor problem. Unfortunately the engine caught fire and BP 16 was left stranded at that workshop. By then I had bought a second hand Volvo 144 and BP 16 was no more a priority. I treated BP 16 as a divorced widow.

Interestingly someone is keen on the number plate of my divorced widow. Since I don’t know how to handle the situation probably I let it go but there must be a negotiable price coming along with it. I will blog on the term and conditions if William agreed on the price. At least I can see my divorced widow number running around on the road.

No comments: