Monday, July 13, 2009

Guess, what I did today?

After about fifty years I flew a kite today. I used to tell people, go and fly kite. The meaning is different but the action is almost the same. I flew an actual kite this afternoon at a beautiful garden beside a Mosque at Laguna Bay. Laguna Bay is a new township at Pulau Indah by the lagoon at the fringe of the Straits of Malacca. The sunny weather and a good breeze was very conducive to fly kite in the open.

After the zohor prayer my friend wanted to oversee his workers cutting the lawn up keeping one of the play ground at Laguna Bay. I too had an errand to comply. We caught up with the workers and at the same time I saw two boys were flying their kite sky high. That fascinated me and I asked to take over from one of the boys. He obliged and I was like a small kid again. It was nice and it really brought back old memories. I still remember the technique how to make the kite went higher. Pulled and released the tow line, give it a jerk and the kite would ascend towards the sky. My friend jokingly warned me about the passing plane, incidentally it is also the flight path to KLIA.

We left the boys with their kites and proceeded with our intended businesses. It was indeed a nostalgic day. I wish my son could see how I flew that kite for he never ever flew a kite in his life.

No comments: