Monday, December 14, 2009

Cousin's children wedding.

Over the weekend two cousins had their children married. One was from my father’s side and the other from my mother. On my father’s side is a bridegroom and on my mother’s side a bride.

On Friday evening I accompanied my cousin Khairuddin or Lat whom we nicknamed him, giving away his daughter in marriage at Masjid Taman Dato Harun at Old Klang Road. Very simple akad nikah ceremony and the solemnization were approved on the second saying. It was drizzling and after that we adjourned for a buffet feast at Lat Flat Complex. I went very light as it was six (6) in the evening having to take rice. One thing I like about this wedding was the cooperation among the Flat dwellers. They came in full force to give a helping hand and the food was cooked and prepared by the community. The “gotong royong” concept, still exist in this vicinity. The old folks were busy chattering and cooking while the children were playing and running around. It remind me of the wedding in the Kampong when I was a small kid. It was unfortunate I couldn’t attend the main function on Saturday as I have something urgent to attend to.

On Sunday I was summoned by my cousin Dato Malek to be in his house at Damansara before noon. We left for Taman Permata somewhere in Setapak for his son’s wedding. The reception was at the Bride’s house and I was invited to accompany the delegation. The akad nikah was held at KLCC Mosque early morning and I was not invited due to the distance and timing. The reception was quiet grand and it was catered. The Bridegroom delegation was specially seated at reserved tables. It was very formal with spoon and forks and served by uniformed Waiter. I felt quiet odd at a Malay wedding having to eat with spoon and forks and it was not in Banquet Hall at five stars Hotel. Anyway the menu was similar to the one at Banquet Hall wedding reception. For Dato Malek reception it would be held in January 2010, next year. It sounds quite a distance but its only next month. Just a couple of days away.

Friday and Sunday – wedding receptions of two different styles comparatively both are Malay weddings after all. Both have similar atmosphere where people and relatives got together joining hands, meeting each other and share the joyous occasion. Perhaps it is the only one occasion of a certain individual wedding that we come to attend to. I thank my two cousins from two different sides that still recognize my presence to share with them the joyous day of their children.

My principle is simple, if am invited I would take the pain to attend, if not, thank you very much I don’t lose my money and time. My money is more worthy towards my monthly pills and tablets.

No comments: