Sunday, December 20, 2009

The weekend.

On Friday after Isyakh and after the Maal Hijrah ceramah at the Mosque I went to the Pasar Malam and bought fresh set of petai. That local fruit is my favorite and with sambal belacan my appetite would be extraordinary good. You would be surprise, when I walked in into a Supermarket in Vancouver Canada I saw petai for sale. God knows where it came from?

On Saturday morning my pc was infected by virus while I was on the facebook email and recommended to shut it out immediately. The problem could only be solved on Monday evening and in the meantime I resort to my old faithful which is very much slower. Luckily the old pc is still connected to the main modem and I do have internet access. Now I am getting scared to go on to my emails.

During lunch on Saturday I was served with the menu of sambal petai with anchovies and fried salted gelama fish. Greedily I went for second helping on the rice and a little bit overdosed on the fried salted fish. During zohor prayer, my head spanned and I had to perform my prayer cautiously otherwise I could collapsed. I abandoned the afternoon TV program and hit the sack to take a good rest. The salted fried fish must have accelerated my blood pressure. Furthermore, off late I have been mentally disturbed due to an event that was beyond my own doing. I consoled myself to sleep praying that I would wake up.

I was awakened by the door bell when my friend, Raja Rosdin and wife all the way from Ampang Jaya came for a house visit. They were from a wedding at Shah Alam and it was nice of them to call upon the retired old man. For tea we served them cempedak goring and the cempedak was just delivered from the kampong dusun by my wife’s niece. Raja and I compared notes about the latest happenings. I was sorry to hear that Raja Rosdin mother passed away two days before Aidiladha and Haji Razak Majid just had a major angioplasty involving three main arteries. Tuan Syed Aziz has lost his memories suffering from Alzheimer. Several new stories and current situation I obtained from Raja and his wife. There were some good and some not good news. Raja and wife left just before Maghreb.

Saturday night after Isyakh started with excitement when Portsmouth beat Liverpool by 2 – 0. After that, was the greatest despair when Manchester United was beaten 3 – 0 by Fulham. What the hell Sir Alex was doing? The EPL is getting crazier every week.

Sunday morning started early when the four of us left for Sungai Besar near Sabak Bernam to attend Yuswan daughter’s wedding. Sabirin was on the wheel with Wak Salim sat on the left and Yusof and I occupy the back seat. We stopped at Sekinchan for a drink and waiting for the rest of the convoy to catch up with us. As we left Sekinchan, the rain started to pour and it was damn heavy. Arrived at Yuswan’s house but we could not alight due to the heavy downpour. We drove ahead and landed at Muara Marine Park Resort where we stopped and took time off to answer the call of nature. The weather was very cooling. I was very surprise to find this place in the middle of nowhere and it is a damn good place for recreational hideout and hibernating to peace up the mind. It is at the frontage of Melaka Straits and adjacent to a fishing boat jetty. I disturbed Wak Salim that he can spend his honeymoon at this Marine Park Resort.

When the rain subsided we headed for Yuswan’s house for the buffet wedding kenduri. Due to the bad weather the guests got stuck under the canopy and it was crowded. We of course met several familiar faces as Yuswan is a member of the Mosque Marhaban group and attach at Port Klang Balai Bomba. Yuswan purposely organized the wedding at the kampong to accommodate all his folks and kinsmen and it was no surprise even though the weather was bad but the reception was fairly grand.

On the way home we stopped at Sekinchan and by the road side we bought the local maize. That was our contribution to kampong industries and to support the poor bumiputera business enterprise.

No comments: