Thursday, December 10, 2009

Two casualties.

The afternoon agenda was to visit the Shah Alam Medical Center to visit two gentlemen who were admitted at the same Medical Center. One was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and the other at the normal ward.

My wife Al Koraan Teacher son in law is in the intensive care due to electrical shock. An Electrical Engineer by profession he made a slight mistake at the worksite and the aftermath was admission to the intensive care. He is still comatose and on life support. That happened ten (10) days ago and there is not much improvement since then. An operation at his throat would be done coming Saturday to facilitate the breathing tube. His heart and his kidneys are still in good condition, functioning as per normal. The only setback is at his brain. I was allowed to be at his bedside and I could only watch and said the silent prayer for his wellbeing. To Mohd Suhardi bin Latih, I pray for your fast recovery and my doa, Allah would take care of you.

A swollen leg due to diabetes landed Azlan Rahman, my brother in law in the Medical Center. Nothing serious just that the Doctor wants him to be quarantine so the movement of his leg is limited. His diet has been control and of course, no smoking for him in the Ward. This happy go lucky guy just doesn’t take care of his diet and wallop everything that comes by in spite of his high sugar content blood. My wife advised him to refrain from carbonated drink. It was just a casual visit and a word of caution to him; if he is not careful he may land just like me, a stroke. I was lucky though, I had a mild one.

I drove back and got stuck in a traffic jam. I remain cool preventing my blood pressure to rise for I just came back from a Medical Center and I prefer my bed at home.

No comments: