Saturday, May 21, 2011

Careful during a breakdown.

It happened to me.

On the way to Kuala Lumpur before Bandar Baru Klang during a bright daylight, I had a flat tyre and stopped to replace. The Workshop Mechanic just came in time when three (3) men and one (1) lady in a car stopped beside the Mechanic’s van. They were foreigners resembles either Iranians or some Middle Eastern Arabs.

The passenger beside the Driver winds down the window and asked for direction to KLIA. I told him to drive straight and look for the sign board. He asked me how much Malaysian Ringgit to 100 USD. I just said I don’t know. Then he requested to show him how RM 100 looks like. I immediately smell something fishy and I told him I am not Malaysian and I don’t know how RM 100 looks like. I just walked off and they drove off. My instinct told me that if I showed him the RM 100, he would snatch the money and drove off. My car had a flat tyre and the Mechanic’s van was right behind my car. How to chase them?

The Mechanic thought it was my friend and when I related to him about the conversation he told me of several nasty incidents that he know off when someone had a breakdown. In this instance I was lucky or rather smart!!

Anytime you have a breakdown, just be careful. There are a lot of idiots out there who want to take advantage of your misfortune. Hold something hard in your hand in case someone wants to rob or con you.

I think the infiltration of foreigners in Malaysia in the namesake of tourism is getting out of control and lacking enforcement.

No comments: