Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Dream Home.


The picture.


The Plan.



The sketch.



I dream of building one of the above but time is surely catching up. The least I need is about or around RM 300,000 without the land. I can only pass my dream to my children. To join politic, I am already aging.


It is just a simple country home that I dream off, four (4) bedrooms, single storey. Perhaps I can plan for an average size swimming pool at the back courtyard for the grandchildren to swim around. Shasha would love that and rests assure only thunder and lightning can convince her to come out. The best location would be facing a river or a mountain stream and the scenery would be gorgeous. Have a "dusun" or orchard at the back.



Shasha at thepool.

Currently I am hibernating counting my remaining days in a double storey terrace house with four (4) rooms, a walking distance from the Kampong Mosque. Sooner, the New Mosque would be ready and it is only about 300 meters away. I bought the house way back in 1981 and it cost me RM 110,000. By the time I completed the mortgage, the house cost me RM 187,000. I had spent all in all of renovations, about RM 70,000. At this age, the staircase is cumbersome.


The advantage is the society around, well located facing a Malay Kampong. If I were to build that dream house above, I had to start all over again getting to know people and perhaps the house location is isolated.


Nothing wrong to dream, it can fade you away to sleep soundly. If you think of problem, you can never sleep.

No comments: