Wednesday, February 3, 2010

To be a Community Leader.

During these present days, to be a Community Leader one must have the following:

· Education – at least an MCE.
· Management experience – having the experience to supervise.
· Money – sustainable financial standing.
· Computer literate – cannot depend on someone else to do paperwork.
· Analytical mentality – able to weigh the difference, good and bad. Fair judgment.
· Personality – it doesn’t have to be Rock Hudson but presentable look and body shape is
adequate. Being short is not a handicap and tall is not an advantage.

Without the above, forget about being a Leader, someone would take the advantage and seize opportunity to lead you and the community in shambles.

To be a Malay Community Leader one must have adequate knowledge on Islamic theology and a frequent visitor of the local Mosque or Surau. Funeral is a must attendance of a Community Leader and weddings shouldn’t be miss, provided invited. That’s where and when the Community Leader can mix with the local irrespective of political ideologies.

During these days everybody rushes to be Leader. To be one, is money in the making. Some doesn’t mind investing for once he gets the position the return would be worth taking the risks. They even put the “haram” and “halal” aside for greed of impending wealth. To some they even deploy the service of “bomoh”, to that extent.

I shun being a Community Leader as whatever my decisions are, someone bound to be unhappy. I don’t like it and I know my temperamental boundary. I subscribe to justice and freedom and I always analyze my decisions meticulously. Human beings never satisfied. I had contributed several years of service as Leader where I was employed and climbed the ladder without stepping on anyone toes.

An advice to Community Leader:

“As you go up don’t forget to look at people surrounding you for as you go down you are going to look at the same people”.

No comments: