Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quiet & Deadly Holidays.



Even the speed limit sign board had been bashed before.
On the first day of Chinese New Year, twenty five (25) people perished due to road accident. Who is to be blame, in spite of the road campaign and traffic police operation? Just that human don’t heed to the safety of their own lives.

It was Chinese New Year, Chinaman celebration and I don’t want to add to the overcrowded commotion on the road heading for respective destinations. I stay put at Port Klang.

First day Chinese New Year: Everything was quiet. George Lim and family my regular Chinese New Year visitation spent the Chinese New Year in Subang. I requested for Shasha to be sent over to the house and there she came smiling from afar. Brother Amran and wife came over for lunch and we had simple fried noodle and “nasi lemak”. After Asar we took Shasha for an outing to Jaya Jusco. She was not in full spirit as she was trying to keep awake. I bumped into my Dentist, Dr Sundraraj and I complimented him about the antibiotic he gave me which was very effective. Shasha insisted to be carried to the car as she was damn sleepy and the moment the car move, she dozed off. It was very convenient for me to send her home while asleep otherwise she normally reluctant. Only her father can pester her but this time the father was away in Indonesia.

Second day: All quiet, not a sound of any fire cracker. The Custom Department must have done a good job curtailing the illegal entry of fire crackers. For two hours I watched “Crime Investigation” on Astro. Whole daylight stayed at home. After Isyakh, the Marhaban group met and Wahab sponsored “mee curry”, Haji Wak Salim supplemented with “fried sukun” and Haji Zul brought “bubur kacang”. A number of uninvited Jemaah (non members) joined the “small makan” with the Marhaban Members & Associates. Their presence upset Wahab mood and he angrily left the Mosque. I finished the “bubur kacang” and I too left the Mosque for my normal puff. Similar incident happened during my sponsorship last week and due respect to Imam Khairuddin I did not walk off.

Outside the Mosque, I inquired about someone and my acquaintance told me that Mr. X who declared he has a PhD, is actually a bogus. This Mr. X once claimed that Pak Lah met him in absolute privacy and security at Wetland Putrajaya to initiate the investigation on PKFZ and he was involved on raiding Datin OC Phang Office. My acquaintance told me, that particular person when he was a small boy was caught fishing money from the Mosque Donation Safe. I remember that part of the story but I did not know it was him. Education wise, my acquaintance told me that he did not even passed SPM. Shit! I was bull shitted outright. Looking back, I am not the least surprise with this type of behaviors, and I think Mr. X suffers from an acute superiority complex syndrome and living in his own fantasies. We do have plenty of these types of specimens around. I did wonder before, a PhD holder hanging around in the Warong till early morning every night talking cock.

Twenty eight (28) people killed on the second day of Chinese New Year. It had surpassed the 100 mark ever since “Operation Sikap” was launched. When those people rushing back home to resume normal work, more dead bodies would be at the Hospital Mortuary. It happens, year in and year out at every festive seasons.
Multiple races and religions = multiple festives = multiple DEAD. Thats Malaysia. One in the world.

No comments: