Friday, April 24, 2009

Another invitation.

While waiting for the Friday prayer, I was browsing the New Straits Times sport pages. I smiled to myself when Chelsea gave up the BPL title.

My hand phone rang and I did not know who the caller was. The caller asked whether I was already in the Mosque and I replied it was still early. The caller voice sounds familiar and it was Haji Bakir, from Melaka. He went straight to the topic that he and his wife intended to perform the Ramadhan umrah from 22 August to 19 September vide Andalusia by Gulf Air. He asked me to join him. I am still considering the offer as it would be a stop over in Baharain and the cost incurred would be RM 8690. In 2007 we performed the Ramadhan umrah together and during a night transit at Abu Dhabi we toured the city. I personally had not been to Baharain and maybe it is a good idea to join him. I am still venturing for better prospect.

Last year Ramadhan umrah, Haji Bakir was my constant buddy even though he was staying in different Hotel and with different Travel Agent. We caught up with each other in Mekah. I first met Haji Bakir when he was one of my fifteen room mates during Haj way back in 1999. Since then we became good friends and we have mutual respect and understanding. A very down to earth man, humble and would go out of his way to assist where he can. He was in the army technical wing, now retired and operating a Café at Terendak Camp. A very good cook and he single handedly prepared the dishes during his children weddings.

Human do the planning but only Allah will destined.

No comments: