Monday, April 6, 2009

Fedrico Macheda.

The score line was 2 Aston and 1 MU at Old Trafford. I was furious and not again. MU could not afford to loose this game and they were trailing. It would be a three game straight loss and uphill task to regain superemacy at the table. I began to curse Rooney for being so hot tempered, Sir Alex for chewing too much gum and Vidic for handling the ball at the goalmouth. I could not bear to see MU loosing this game and I decided to hit the sack.

As soon as I laid my head on the pillow, I heard the shout of goal from across the road at the Warong where several young boys were watching the game. I switched on the TV to peep what was going on whether an equalizer or Aston had added another one. It was an equalizer and I now have hope. A draw was not that bad. In the last ten minutes Sir Alex pulled out Teves and replaced by a nineteen year old novice, Fedrico Macheda. I did not have hope except to have fresh legs in the field. During the extra five minutes, about three minutes to the dugout, Fedrico Macheda created a miracle. He scored a goal from a very tight spot where the goal was at his back. The Commentator even said, if Gerard can do it, so as Fredrico.

The score read as MU 3 and Aston 2. Fedrico got the player of the game tag and a bottle of champagne. MU was now again at the top of the table and I went to bed. No wonder the British Premier League is the world favorite sport.

No comments: