Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not decided.

Approximately four months from now, the best month of the Muslim calendar will appear, the month of Ramadhan. It’s the fasting month and all devoted Muslims will fast pray and render good deeds for the blessing of Almighty Allah. Those who can afford would do a pilgrimage to the Holy Land to perform the rituals as stipulated during the month of Ramadhan. This year the cost would escalate between 9k to 10k, all included board, lodging, transport and airfare.

I was in the Holy Land for the past four Ramadhans and for this year I have not decided which particular Tour Agent I would join. I am really glad that this week I received four calls inquiring whether I would be going and they invited me to join them. One of them was the last year Tour Operator and he declared his terms. I politely turned down his invitation and offer due to the unforeseen incident I encountered last year when I joined his grouping. Honestly I told him my mission to the Holy Land is to submit to Allah and I want peace of mind in the company of well behaved Muslims. Ego and titles should be left behind at KLIA and can be collected upon arrival from the Holy Land. Haji Hassan Yatim understands my last year predicament and he would revert if the line is clear from undesirable species. He promised to drop by at my place whenever he is in Klang area.

Pak Wan, my last year 15 days roommate also called to inquire about my Ramadhan program. Haji Faharuddin invited me to join him and his wife as they had found an alternate Tour Operator and the Hotel is nearer to the Grand Mosque. I told him I am keeping in view. Haji Ahmad Fadillah who stayed in the same Hotel with me last year also hinted about a new found Tour Operator and the cost could only be decided after May 2009. I am considering.

I am touch by those people who take the trouble to remember me and like me to be in their company at the Holy Land. If I were snobbish as a fellow jema’ah surely they don’t care less and ignore of my existence. In the Holy Land it pays to be humble and nice to people. The nawaitu (intention) is important for Allah knows and notice.

My wife advised me to join the reputable Andalusia who is an expert on umrah tour. I had joined them once during the umrah/Egypt trip early 2008 and the service, satisfactory. I am still considering because they are handling in big numbers of Pilgrims.

Whatever….I had not made my mind which Tour Agent to choose. Insyaallah or GOD willing I would be making my 5th.year consecutive trip for Ramadhan umrah. I hope and doa that I am one of His invitees. Thou seek good health.

Help me dear Allah, for this humble soul is surrendering to you and please guide me to the right path and distance me from all evils and devils. Thou seek your protection in life, hereafter and hellfire.

No comments: