Saturday, April 18, 2009

TM Breakdown.

My internet connection went buzz since the evening of 15th. April. During the day, there were TM Technicians meddling with the junction box behind my house as they claimed that they were changing to a new cable. I thought the cpu screwed up and I changed to my spare. Same problem occurred I could not excess to the internet and I gave up. Following day, while I was in Penang, I contacted my other half through the house phone but it was not picked up. Finally I got her through the hand phone and she told me the house phone was not ringing. Now I know, telekom line must be the culprit why I was having problem with my internet connection.

I reported to Telekom Malaysia on 17th.April, and nothing was done. Early morning of 18th.April I called them again and they ensure the problem would be rectified latest by 19th April noon. Sometimes at 1100 hrs, on 18th.April, TM Technician came and he found out that the line to my house was dislodged from the socket at the junction box. The Technicians who came on 15th.April did not do a proper job. The Technician fixed the problem and in no time I got back my house phone and my internet line.

The morale here: Incompetence on TM part. Due to the incompetence, it could lead to unforeseen circumstances. What if we need to call an ambulance and the house phone was immobile. I still believe, when you want to do something, do it properly, otherwise don’t do it. Further more if you do not know how to do it leave it to the expert. Don’t pretend to be smart for we may jeopardize others. I learnt this etiquette from my Seniors during my ESSO days at the Refinery, way back in the 60s.

No comments: