Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Dreamt.

Once the most beautiful and well kept house in the kampong.

After visiting and blogging about the old house where I was born, that very same night I had a beautiful dream.

It was a night and I was in the house all alone and the house was all bright lighted up. The front windows were open and I was standing by it looking out as if for fresh air. Outside was pitching dark. The old settee was there and the house setting was just like I was there last. The old battery operated Philip radio and the single glass show case cupboard. I saw my iron spring bed at the same place and I sat on it. I looked into the room and the black antique wardrobe still standing with my late grandfather’s spears leaning besides. I walked to it and open one of the two drawers. Among the piles I found my old exercise books when I was in Primary School.

Suddenly I woke up and it was all a dream.

I think I was in deep thought about the house recalling past memories. Too emotional and sentimental during the visit and I emulated my own vision if the house is mine during the journey back home. I recalled sometimes during the early year of Merdeka, this house won the prize as the most beautiful and well kept house in the kampong. Every year during the peak mid of the durian season all the family clan near and far would gather in this house, balik kampong for durian fiesta and the making of dodol durian, lempuk and tempoyak. I was a small kid then and my late grandfather would make us running after the chickens to be slaughtered. The house would be in wonder land during Hari Raya when I planted “pelita panjut” all round.

I could remember of four weddings of my four aunties in this house. My late grandmother wanted to have one of mine in this house but I had other plan.

It was a beautiful era of my life, no responsibilities, and no visions of the future and took the coming of sunrise as just another ordinary day. 55 years from there on, I am as what I am today. Those days would never come again only the nostalgia remains. I wish I can come back to those times again, the beautiful memories of the once beautiful kampong house.
.

No comments: