Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wedding in Seremban.

The Bersanding.

Pengantin at the high Table.

Mrs Nageeb and Mrs Farid.

Elvi and Mrs Nageeb.

Elvi and Puan Hajjah Hanizah.

The group memory.

Farid with the Ladies.
10 July 2010 I got an invitation from Aminah Wahid for her son wedding dinner reception at Seremban Town Hall. I had several options to attend the function and I choose Nageeb, my ex colleague from Guthrie. Bukit Jelutong is the nearest to my place.

We left Bukit Jelutong at about 1845 hours and an hour later we were in Seremban Town Hall. The journey was unexpectedly smooth. Elvi, Nageeb’s guest from Phuket joined us and it was the first Malay wedding that she attended. Nageeb had to give her live commentary of the various customs and process about the wedding ceremony.

I was pleased to meet ex Guthrien who was also invited to the function, Farid Mohamed, Safiah Ismail, Ahmad Termizi (Ah Chong), Azmi Ibni Hajar, Ahmad Ferouse, Che Mat Ghani, Salmah and of course Aminah Wahid, the host.
.
The most shocking was when Ahmad Ferouse came to our table to say hello. I had not met this guy since he absconded from my Department in 1992. He is now the General Manager of Felda Academy. He surely had changed and currently has four (4) kids. I was very happy to hear from Safiah that Faris is doing Engineering in London and Liza would be going to Alexandria Egypt to do medicine. I used to carry Liza when she was a small kid. Little Faris and Liza waited for Uncle Mus at Heathrow London for chocolates coming in from Vienna Austria. Time really flies and I am getting old.

I missed the 3rd and 4th placing of the World Cup between Germany and Uruguay as I was damn tired and sleepy, maybe due to the nasi briyani. Though I was not driving but at this age, distance is very tiring for me. Old man, but Elvi said I looked young for a man who had retired ten (10) years ago. Thank you!
.

No comments: