Saturday, July 3, 2010

Too bad.

My prediction was wrong. Brazil would not meet Argentina in the final. Brazil was kicked out from the World Cup by the Dutch by 2 – 1 score margin. The Dutch scored only once and the other was an own goal by Felipe Melo.

The Brazilians did not keep to their composure after the second goal against them. As a result they became robust, impatience and Felipe Melo was red carded and ten (10) Brazilians against eleven (11) Dutch. The red card was fair because Melo stepped on Arjen Robben thigh while Robben was lying on the ground. The Dutch could have scored two (2) more easy goals toward the end of the game but they were more interested in defending the one (1) goal lead. The Dutch held on to their fort and they stay on in South Africa for the semi final.

For the Brazilian and the Dutch game, I took the Dutch against my football crazy cousin. Though my heart favored the Brazilians but my instinct was inclined to the Dutch victory on penalty kicks. I will be seeing him in Putrajaya to settle his damage.

No comments: